Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Narnia Night Sadness

Hello, not a very faithful blogger, I am. Plus, my new computer doesn't have Flash innit. Lost my installation disk, and still yet to try out other programs like Photoshop.

Anyway, I decided to vamp up the craziness. Now I'll be talking about my sad painful memories. Let's begin four years ago, in a CCM event called Narnia Night.

I came dressed half naked as Mr. Tumnus the faun. (Pity it wasn't half night prayer). My costumes are always improvised. Amazing what a wooly trousers, orange towel and umbrella can do. And stick some cardboard on my ears and butt, and voila, half man but all nice!

As I sat down amongst strangers, then I heard a lady come up and tell a story. She said she was C. S. Lewis' granddaughter, and the little girl called Lucy in the Chronicles of Narnia was inspired by herself. And i was like.........

....

Wah! So cool! A real life non-fictional celebrity! You couldn't imagine how thrilled I was. Not to mention, she strongly resembled the little actress who played Lucy in the first Narnia movie.

Of course I won first prize for the costume, revealing as it was. From then on, I became an avid costumer, dressing up as superman, popeye, a star warrior, a nerd, a Japanese school prefect, a bumblebee, and a mafia bookie with a cardboard tommy gun.

However, I finally realised that that lady, who was none other than Aunty Daisy, was not who she said she was. She was play-acting.

I believed her story for like about a year.

So...yeah.

I cried that night.

Okay, maybe not, but I was sad. Sad and gullible. But still very sad.

Even up until now the pain still has not healed.

Weh...

No comments: