Thursday, June 18, 2009

Shaman King Nostalgia


















































Recently, I've been reading Hiroyuki Takei's Shaman King from the very beginning. Apparently, the final chapters of KangZengBang has come out, thus properly ending the story which prematurely ended 10 years ago.

Shaman King used to be my favourite comic, way before I even heard of One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto. Out of the three, I thought Shaman King's artwork was better and more solid. Bleach was too realistic and sketchy for my taste. Naruto is okay. One Piece has unbounded energy. So you can pretty much guess my second, third and fourth favs.

What's more, I was reading Shaman King in the old days in chinese. Now reading it in English, it's as if I'm reading a new story, new pieces of information now make the story make more sense.

And pretty much all the mediums and oversouls and powers in Shaman King captured my imagination. I also played two Shaman King games, the first being my fav but unfortunately it's in Japanese so I can't unlock Yoh's third oversoul. Stupid cavern of trials...

At chapter 45 now...will have plenty to read until chapters 300.

One of the artworks that inspired me to draw...still have those sketches in my book. Man, I was such a noob.

No comments: