Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Va Tar

It's hot here in Australia. I saw Avatar at IMAX Melbourne today, together with Isaac, Wai Keung and his Mauritian friend, Kaze (well...it's Fung, but it would be cooler in Japanese, kinda like in FFU) Anyway, a movie of visual appeal of this grand a scale deserves to be watched in IMAX. Same ol' predictable storyline? Hello. For a good story, I could get a book. I go to see the boundaries of digital moviemaking stretched and broken, or at least to be entertained.

It was still blazing hot when I walked out of the nice cool theater at 6pm. I was pretty sure at any point in time, people would find their clothing suddenly spontaneous ignite. That would be cool...er...hot.

We ended the city walk by dropping in a little cosy Malaysian cuisine restaurant whose name I conveniently forgot, but I know it was somewhere on Russell street. Haven't been there for like three years. The prawn noodles was okay.

Then Wai Keung fixed my microphone, webcam and guitar. Wee!

Come to think of it, the way we just sat there for three hours just watching the screen made me feel like we were transported into the movie like the heroes into their avatars. Or like the Matrix. The total lack of brain activity that is involved in controlling our real bodies drops to a minimum while our senses are heightened. Hmm... but we all have to wake up someday, right?

No comments: