Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Milk Fiasco (Part 1)

There is a refrigerator in my department's office. I use it like my own. I put stuff in there like my kaya and cheese. Last year, I forgot to take my stuff out once the school year is over, so they cleaned it and threw it away.

I was upset. It was a good waste of food.

I also take the milk from the fridge for my cereal and milo, which I drink twice a day. I end up using about a carton a day, but since it was provided by the department and it was replaced when it was finished, I always thought it was free. That is, until Tuesday. An internal email was sent to the entire department:

"Dear all

We are very lucky in that the department pays for all our milk, tea, coffee, sugar and chocolate. It seems that some people are taking advantage of our generosity and using milk for breakfast cereals and for full mugs of milk for hot chocolate which is causing a shortage for morning/afternoon tea. In 2010 we paid out over $3,000 for milk alone and we cannot afford to keep increasing our supplies.

Therefore, can you please provide your own milk for your breakfast/hot chocolates if you think you are using more than what would be a reasonable amount.

Regards
Resources Manager"

I swear she was talking about me.

Regardless, the very next day, I brought my own milk and started to show it off like it was my cute fluffy pet dog.

'Hey! I brought my own milk! You shall be my witness!'

I poured a third on my cereal and went back, happy that I got to be a role model as a responsible employee and good citizen.

That afternoon, I opened the fridge and saw it was almost empty.

Now, either the fridge was alive and out to get me, because it found my kaya and cheese very nice and now it's after my milk, or that there are some rotten anti-models of responsible employees and good citizens running amok in the department.

If it was the first, it would have been easier, because I could just hate the fridge back and kick it.

But instead, I'm dealing with a phantom menace. One with an ugly red face and likes milk.

You know what?

Society has reached its lowest when it takes your milk without asking.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Sam-Is-Mad said...

Write your name on it. Or tell everyone you spit in it. The second is more effective, but the first is less gross.